SC19 DOES TANJERINE

It shouldn't come as a surprise how much I dig my city of Indianapolis. I am loving more and more the people who are doing rad things to make an impact on the culture of the city. For four days, Indy played host to TANJERINE, a new event celebrating three of my four favorite "F" words: Fashion, Food, and Film. I actually remembered to bring my camera to the event to share with you.

Food trucks and mobile shopping trucks were onsite. Local food trucks are everything.

Tanjerine was all about doing normal "fashion" things in unexpected ways. Fashion looks for women were presented in a fashion parade instead of a runway show. 
The parade of fashion involved a bunch of lovely ladies in styled looks, but also a four piece brass band. Very New Orleans style. It was much anticipated and the highlight for the night. It made an encore return later in the evening.

The models of the Tanjerine fashion parade event enjoyed it more than the standard runway show. The models were highlighting spring looks from local boutiques. 

I even got a chance to see old fashion friend Nicole Yalowitz do some fashion sketches. last time that I saw Nicole we were doing a fashion show in 2008 at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. We both were later listed in "Top 7 Designers To Watch In Indianapolis."

The ladies had a fashion parade, and the guys had a dance team wearing local brands No Bad Ideas hats and tee shirts from Righno Boutique. Watching the dancers dance was way more entertaining to the eclectic crowd, than the traditional fashion show or presentation.  


Pattern Indy brought in a shipping container and turned it into a pop-up shopping store. 

I was happy to see my friend Tommy Dant bring a piece of his men's store (James Dant) to the Tanjerine event.

Katie Marple was the Fashion Director for Tanjerine. I have known this fancy lady for years. We at one point worked retail together. So happy for her success as Fashion Director for Tanjerine. 

It was a perfect night for the event. Great for people watching and socializing. 

A model stood at entrance wearing a creation made out of paper. 


I always like finding new brands to me. Polymath is a brand that uses vintage fabrics to make unique accessories for ladies and men. 



There was a large room dedicated for those wanting to do a little shopping for local products. 


The man behind Tanjerine (and the Oranje event) resting his leg, as he socializes. He even busted out wearing a bow tie for the fashion night. Mad props to him and his team for such a great event. I hope it returns next Spring. 


No comments:

Post a Comment