DOPE COUTURE IS POPPING UP THIS SUMMER




The most frequent question I get asked through Twitter or in person is, "Where is a good spot to get guys clothing". There is not a lot of unique options for guys here in Indianapolis. This Summer DOPE Couture will be opening a pop-up store in Broadripple. The summer pop-up opens May 5, with what should be a very entertaining opening starting at 5pm.

I picked some of my favorite DOPE items that I hope are available at the pop-up store. Feel free to donate to my shopping fund. I promise to invest it wisely. Just going to throw it out there.




First I only wish that we had more stores offering niche items for guys. Many of the pieces from DOPE are items that you can't get any where else in the city. DOPE sells their own labeled items as well as designer limited collection pieces. Some guys might look at the pieces and think they could never wear it, or might not be their "style". Well gentleman, I picked my favorite pieces that are available online (I hope some are available in their pop-up store), because they are pieces that you can combine with garments you already own to fit your style. The bonus is that the pieces are still cool and will get some attention on their own too.


The major item they have that I thought dirty things about, was the RED LEATHER JACKET. If you have read my posts on Pattern, I have been craving a red leather jacket like DSquared2 had on their Spring 2012 runway. They also have varsity jacket that would be a great trend piece over a basic T and dark denim. Red is such a great color for guys anyway, goes with so much.

Dope also carries a collection of "COMME des FUCKDOWN". The collection consists of fitted hats, scarfs, and graphic print shirts and sweatshirts. If you are into street fashion I can almost guarantee you have seen the brand in a magazine or two.

I recommend checking out DOPE's website for more of their culture and brand. Did I mention that one of their flagship stores is located in Bloomington, IN (The other store is located in LA). It makes since for Dope to bring a pop-up store to Broadripple while school is out in Bloomington.

Check out opening party of the DOPE pop-up on May 5th in Broadripple. Checking out their DJ line up for the opening you will not want to miss the party. It kicks off at 5pm and I even included the flyer for your little eye holes.

Check back because I will also be writing about another cool shopping spot I recently heard about near Broadripple. I met one of the guys the other day and looking forward to checking out what they got.

PS. still a little bummed that more isn't happening in the downtown areas of Indianapolis, but that rant is for another time. Lets be happy for the options popping up.

No comments:

Post a Comment